This summer, Chelsea Groton is offering free classes and activities for kids to continue learning and having fun at the same time. We’re also happy to support local non-profit organizations that benefit the youth in the area. From STEAM classes to baseball games and concerts, we’re out and about making sure this summer is full of fun activities for you and your family.
- Kids STEAM – Chelsea Groton Bank invites your family to join ours for a fun-filled STEAM summer! Each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, we’ll lead projects and activities (geared at students ages 6-12) related to science, technology, engineering, art and math, via Zoom or in Person at our Westside Branch. The five disciplines in STEAM learning promote problem-solving as well as creative and analytical thinking.
- Kids Book Club – Please join us Thursdays for a kid’s book club on Thursdays in July & August from 10-11 AM via Zoom. It is appropriate for students ages 7-13.
- Rock Painting Saturdays – We’re spreading cheer locally by painting rocks and leaving them to be found. Stop in to paint a message of kindness to share or keep for yourself! Pop in to paint rocks at our Westside branch on Saturdays in July or at our Niantic branch on Saturdays in August.
- Mystic Schooners at Dodd Stadium – Chelsea Groton team members and Chelsea A. Corn will be at Dodd Stadium on Friday, July 21st for a Mystic Schooners home game. Join us for a fun night of baseball and fireworks!
- National Night Out – This year, the Town of Groton Police Department is hosting its annual National Night Out, “America’s Night Out Against Crime,” on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 from 5-8 PM at Poquonnock Plains Park, 150 Fort Hill Road, Groton The purpose of National Night Out is to promote police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods a safer and more caring place to live.
- Summer Sound Waves with SUGAR – Chelsea Groton team members will be part of Groton’s favorite summer tradition of great music and good times at Esker Point Beach! The Bank is sponsoring the concert with SUGAR on August 10th from 6-8 PM, weather permitting. Concerts are family-friendly, alcohol-free events.
- Mystic & Noank Library Summer Reading Challenge – Sign-up at the library and receive your summer reading challenge kit. Put together your booklet and complete as many challenges as you can throughout the summer. Check them off as you go! Stamp your booklet and collect a prize each time you visit the library.
There are plenty of free community activities to do in Connecticut this summer, including free admission to CT museums and hiking trails:
- Looking for new hiking spots? Check out this list of Connecticut’s Top 10 Hiking Trails from CTVisit.com
- CT Museums Open Free for the summer. Check out the list here!