Dana Chapel and her team in Niantic strive to provide outstanding service to everyone who comes into their branch. The respect and care the teams show customers and area businesses are a reflection of Dana’s leadership. Her passion for helping people shines through in her dedication to both her team and her family. Get to know more about Dana below!
- What is your current role and department?
I have been the Customer Solutions Manager for the Niantic Branch since 2007.
- What do you love most about working at Chelsea Groton Bank?
I love the opportunity to grow and learn as an employee. I also love that the Bank supports the interests and involvement we as individuals have in the community, whether it’s supporting sponsorships or volunteerism opportunities that we are interested in pursuing.
- What are you most proud of in your work at Chelsea?
I am proud of the team that I work with in Niantic. We are a group with 120 years of service with Chelsea Groton Bank and we all have the same desire to help our members succeed, while providing outstanding service.
- Recently customers have said the following about you and your team: “When you’re a local business owner, there is nothing like being able to walk in a branch and the team knows you and the details of your business… Chelsea Groton values their relationships with customers and always support community organizations too.” What’s your team’s approach to helping customers?
Our team approach to our customers is to always treat them with the respect and the focus we would expect to receive ourselves. Being able to provide “one stop” assistance or resolution is our mission.
- Tell us a little bit about your life outside of work.
My life outside of work is very dedicated to my family. I have two adorable grandchildren that live only a half a mile from my husband and me. I am an avid baker and adore spending time in the kitchen with the little ones. In the nice weather, we transition from the kitchen to the pool!
- What are some things you like to do to support the community?
I love supporting our local businesses, from promoting the shops or services internally with our members to personally utilizing local shops. Being able to connect members to local businesses when the opportunity arises is a focus of mine. I am a board member of Niantic Main Street, whose mission is to implement downtown revitalization in the Villages of Niantic and Flanders. Volunteering in our local events that support the town and help the business community succeed is my passion.