We are currently experiencing a nationwide coin shortage of quarters. According to the Federal Reserve, “As the economy recovers and businesses reopen, more coins will flow back into retail and banking channels and eventually into the Federal Reserve, which should allow for the further rebuilding of coin inventories available for recirculation.” Until then, we’re asking for the support of our community members to keep coins in circulation locally.
Here’s how you can help our local business community during a coin shortage:
- Dig in to those couch cushions, coat pockets, piggy banks, and car cupholders too!
- Bring your loose change to us! We have self-serve coin machines at our Groton, Mystic, New London, Norwichtown, Pawcatuck, and Westside branches that are free to use for customers. Enjoy the added benefit of knowing you helped, and you removed some clutter at the same time!
Here’s what Chelsea Groton Bank business customers should do:
- Call your local Chelsea Groton branch to place your coin orders in advance.
- Chelsea Groton will make our best effort to fulfill all coin orders.
- If quarters are unavailable, consider ordering more dimes and nickels.
Thanks for helping us continue to fight the nationwide coin shortage locally and support our business community!