Today we’d like you to meet Matthew Benoit! Matt is an avid skier who also enjoys days at the beach and kayaking in Westerly. Matt takes pride in heading the Groton Scholarship Committee, where he is able to make a difference in the lives of Fitch High School students.
1. What is your current role and department?
Project Management Specialist in Business Intelligence
2. How long have you worked at Chelsea Groton Bank?
3. What do you love most about working at Chelsea Groton Bank?
I love to help put innovative technology in place to enhance the banking experience for both customers and team members.
4. What are you most proud of in your work at Chelsea?
I am most proud when a project comes to completion and all the dots have been connected, whether it be a new product, service or process. It is a special moment when a project ends and its success is communicated throughout the Bank.
5. Tell us a little bit about your life outside of work.
I am an avid skier and simply love being in the mountains. In the winter months, I try to go north whenever possible to get on the slopes. Over the past few years, I have been lucky enough to ski in Canada, Colorado, Washington, Montana and New England. In the warmer months, my wife and I visit the beach in Westerly quite often and love to kayak the salt ponds in the area. If it’s not the best of beach days, we opt for hiking with our two dogs Thorton and Thea.
6. What types of volunteer activities do you enjoy?
Currently, I am the Chairman of the Groton Scholarship Fund and each year we award a number of scholarships to Fitch High School seniors. Being able to help students pursue their dreams and build their future is hard to put into words.
7. Share about a favorite personal or family tradition.
Going on adventures with family and friends is probably on the top of the list. Being outside and being with my closest friends and family in any capacity are memories that I will cherish for a lifetime.
8. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Definitely dogs, I have two of them!
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?