Nationwide Coin Shortage: Here’s How You Can Help
We are currently experiencing a nationwide shortage of quarters. According to the Federal Reserve, “As the economy recovers and businesses reopen, more coins will flow back into retail and banking channels and eventually into the Federal Reserve, which should allow for the further rebuilding of coin inventories available for recirculation.” Until then, we’re asking for your support in keeping coins in circulation locally.
Here’s how you can help our local business community:
- Dig in to those couch cushions, coat pockets and piggy banks.
- Bring your loose change to us! We have self-serve coin machines at our Groton, Mystic, New London, Norwichtown, Pawcatuck, and Westside branches that are free to use for customers.
Here’s what CGB business customers should do:
- Call your local CGB branch to place your coin orders.
- Chelsea Groton will make a best effort to fulfill all coin orders.
- If quarters are unavailable, consider ordering more dimes and nickels.
Thanks for helping us continue to support our business community!